- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1.4 cup cooked brown lentils
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 medium sweet potato uncooked
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Cook rice and lentils as directed
- Cut sweet potato into cubes (skins on)
- In a food processor combine onion,garlic, sweet potato and walnuts. Process until chopped and uniform consistency.
- Add cooked rice and lentils and process more until completely mixed. (You may need to scrape down the sides as you go)
- Transfer mixure to a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir well and then add cornmeal to thicken the mixture
- Form into patties and bake for about 15-20 min ON EACH SIDE.
For sweet potato “buns”, slice sweet potatoes into thin slices and bake in the oven at 400F until fully cooked (about 15/20 min depending on thickness
Share This Recipe, Choose Your Platform!