Broccoli sprouts release a phytochemical called sulforaphane which can help heal the gut, reduce inflammation, and could even help fight cancer by enhancing antioxidant activities .
Sulforaphane has been shown to increase Phase II detoxification enzymes and/or antioxidant enzymes which detoxify your body of potential carcinogens and other disease-causing compound.
You can add them to smoothies or make a slaw like this one to add to a wrap or sandwich, or enjoy on it’s own!
- 2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup broccoli sprouts
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 diced mango
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 cup dairy free yogurt
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- optional protein: chopped chicken, canned tuna, sardines, shrimp
- Mix dressing ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add salad ingredients to the dressing and enjoy!