Detoxing is the livers job. Sulphoraphane, a compound found in broccoli, triggers the liver to produce detoxifying enzymes that block free-radical attack on DNA, so therefore we can call this detox soup!
This turned out to be one of my favorite recipes and it was suppose to be me cleaning out the fridge 😂 The recipe isn’t to be taken very seriously.
- 5 heads of broccoli
- 1/2 large purple onion
- 2 cups celery
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (or cheese)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 1 fresh clove
- In a crockpot or big pot on the stove, put the broccoli, onions, an celery and cover with water until fully cooked.
- Drain and blend everything in a blender until desired texture – that’s it!
- I have a Vitamix, if you need to add liquid to get a smoother texture add bone broth, oil, or water