Grilled Zucchini and Quinoa
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 yellow beet (or red!)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries
- pinch of salt
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into thin strips and place them on a foreman grill or a well oiled pan with olive oil.
- Cook quinoa according to package and once cooked, stir in cranberries, parsley, and salt.
- While the quinoa is cooking, boil the beet in water on the stovetop for about 6-10 min until it is soft. Drain the water and chop the beet into pieces.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half and add to the quinoa mix.
- Once the zucchini is grilled, lay it flat on a plate and place the vegetables and quinoa on top.
- Feel free to add anything else you desire!
** I made a sauce for the top using 1/4 cup 88 acres pumpkin seed butter mixed with 2 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tsp garlic powder.