- 2-15 ounce cans garbanzo beans
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Pinch salt
- ¾ cup tahini paste
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Drain the beans, reserve ¼ cup liquid and rinse beans.
- Using a food processor or blender, add beans and puree while slowly streaming olive oil. Add some of the reserved liquid if beans are blending smoothly.
- On a cutting board roughly chop garlic clove, add pinch of salt and using the flat side of a chef knife flatten and crush garlic until a paste forms.
- To the pureed beans, add garlic paste, tahini paste, lemon juice, cumin and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Using a spatula transfer hummus to a serving bowl or shallow dish. Garnish with olive oil. Serve with pita chips
Share This Recipe, Choose Your Platform!