- 2 cups old fashioned gluten-free oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Sunflower seed butter (I use Trader Joes)
- 1 tsp vanilla flavoring (alcohol free)
- Optional add ins: raisins, chopped dried figs or dates, shredded unsweetened coconut, hemp seeds, flaxseed.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the maple syrup, Sunflower butter, and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, chia seed, and sunflower seeds.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the bowl with the oats, and stir until all of the oats are coated.
- Spread the granola on the baking sheet in an even layer and cook for about 15-20 minutes (stir halfway through to prevent burning) or until the oats are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Stir in the optional add-ins of choice!
- Keep the granola in an airtight container, best kept in the fridge if it contains flaxseed.
Nutrition Facts for 1 serving (recipe makes 12 servings): 140 kcal, 6g fat, 1g saturated fat, 215mg sodium, 38 mg potassium, 17g carbohydrates, 4g dietary fiber, 5g sugar, 4g protein.