- 10 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonaise
- 4 slices cooked crispy bacon, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (depends how spicy you want these)
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place the eggs* in a large saucepan, cover with cold water, and set over high heat, When the water boils, cook the eggs for exactly 8 minutes, then remove from the pan and place in a bowl of iced water. When cooked, peel, wash, and pat dry using paper towels.
- Cut each egg in half and remove the yolks. Place the yolks in a mixing bowl and add the mayonnaise, and use a whisk to mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add the chopped bacon, sun-dried tomatoes, scallions, spices, and Tabasco, and mix well. Use a piping bag** or a teaspoon to fill each hollow with the yolk mixture.
- Garnish the tops of the eggs with fresh scallion, and store in the fridge!
* TIP: befor hard boiling the egg, tap the egg on the corner of a counter to make a tiny crack. This will help the shell not stick to the white as much when you are peeling them.
**TIP: use a plastic ziplock bag as a piping bag, cutting the corner of the bag and filling the mayonnaise mixture in it.
Recipe adapted from Unbound cookbook